Come Hiking With Me!

       Now before we get started I want to make this very clear. I am in no way shape or form an expert hiker. I don't own hiking boots and I have never gone on an extreme hike that spanned more than one day. This post is going to be mostly for the people who like to go for hikes around their city or near where they live. The easy hikes that everyone goes on and takes pictures of. Don't get me wrong, I love exercising and going for a good hike, but did you really go on the hike if you didn't take a photo?
       In this post I am going to show you what I would typically bring with me during a small hike. I know when I fist started to go for short little hikes I had no idea what to bring. So I am hoping that this post will be helpful to people who are just getting into going for hikes or have already started but don't know what to bring.

Clothing:
Clothing is very important while hiking. You want to feel comfortable but also not be too hot or too cold. (especially in Canada where the weather is unpredictable) I have made the mistake of wearing too much and being too hot and not wearing enough and being too cold. I would recommend layers. I can not stress enough how unfortunate it is when you suddenly want turn around and go home because your freezing our little butt off.
I typically wear a pair of black legging because every girl knows how comfortable those things are. On top I am wearing a tight zip up Champion sweater. It is made out of really breathable fabric and I extremely comfortable and flattering. Underneath I am wearing a gray loose tank and an Adidas sports bra. Now if I get too hot while hiking I know I have a sweater that I can easily take of and put in my bag. On my head I am wearing just a simple black ball cap. When I am hiking I will either wear a hat or have my hair up in a pony. As you can see I apparently really love black clothes. If you want to see a blog post dedicated to my most worn clothes let me know in the comments below!

Shoes:
Now I could have easily included my footwear in with the clothing but I love these shoes so much I thought I would give them their own section. Shoes are also very important because like I said with the clothes you want to be comfortable. I have gone through my fair share of running shoes, some were great and some were terrible but these are my all time favourite.
I have my fair share of foot injuries from dance and these shows really help me get through the hike without making m feet start to hurt. I am pretty sure that everyone and their mother owns a pair of Nikes or knows someone that has a pair. There is a good reason for that! At first I was skeptical because of the price but eventually I gave in and got a pair. It was totally worth it! I absolutely love these runners! 

Essentials: 
When it comes to packing a bag I try and pack as little as possible without forgetting the basic needs. Most of the hikes I go on are on trails and have signs and maps so I'm not usually worried about getting lost. If you are planning on going off trail or making your own hike you would probably want to pack differently. 
I try and always use a backpack or a little bag like this. These are the basic I always have packed. Sometimes I pack more and add in a protein bar or a pair of sunglasses but these are things I always have packed. Obviously I have a water bottle, I typically always use this Under Armour green bottle. Then I have Chapstick, hand sanitizer, and deodorant. Finally I always have packed with me a hairbrush for if I decide to put my hair up halfway through the hike, and tampons which are self explanatory. I carry those things with me everywhere I go. 

       Hopefully this post helped you out for packing you hiking bag. Or hopefully it inspired you to want to go on some hikes! Let me know in the comments what your essentials are for a hike. If you want to see other posts like this for different activities let me know in the comments below!

Happy Hiking!
-Katie <3

Comments

  1. Hahahaha, I actually have a pair of black leggings on right now! They're the most comfortable thing that has been made for the female species!!

    cabin twenty-four

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right leggings really are a girls best friend! Thanks so much for checking out my blog!
      -Katie <3

      Delete
  2. Black leggings are the best and so comfy! I also like that when I wear them to hike, things like plants and branches can't scratch me or make me itchy haha.

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not agree more! They are like heaven but for your legs! Thanks so much for checking out my blog! I recently have subscribed to your blog because I love it so much!
      -Katie <3

      Delete
  3. Great post!

    http://www.lostindaydreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll make sure to check out your blog!
      -Katie❤️

      Delete
  4. Great post, thanks for sharing :) hiking is fun!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll make sure to check out your blog!
      -Katie ❤️

      Delete
  5. Great!

    http://itsmeieva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for the weather to get warmer so that I can go hiking. Cool post!
    www.comfycozyup.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

24 Facts About Me!

The Ultimate Spring Break Staycation!